Tuesday 22 December 2009

Some quotes on love and art

ON LOVE:

For those of us who had to go through a few toads before finding our prince....

Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman,
but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.
~ Unknown ~


We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh.
~ Agnes Repplier ~

ON ART:

All art requires courage.
~Anne Tucker ~

When my daughter was about seven years old, she asked me one day what I did at work. I told her I worked at the college - that my job was to teach people how to draw. She stared at me, incredulous, and said, "You mean they forget?"
~ Howard Ikemoto ~

Art disturbs, science reassures.
~ Georges Braque ~, Le Jour et la nuit

2 comments:

Liara Covert said...

I love the reflections you offer. Thanks for your recent comment at the Dreambuilders Australia Blog. If you leave an email next time, I can send you a link to your comment. Otherwise, you are invited to check back sometime:) Seasons' Greetings!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Liara...I will be sure to leave my e-mail next time. :-)