Monday 21 April 2008

So where does a non-Christian minister belong?

I am a Jew.

I am seriously drawn to Islam.

And I am an ordained non-denominational minister.

Who wants to be a minister. In practice.

No, let me correct that, not "who wants". Who feels incredibly drawn towards being a minister. I identify completely with the books I read about people who have felt and acted upon that kind of calling. I am fascinated in conversation with clerics of all faiths. I am drawn, irresistibly to the preaching, visiting the sick, performing life cycle events. Serving G-d in a very specific way.

But I have no interest in Christianity. Just G-d. The ONE.

So where do I go with this?

A spiritual conundrum...

4 comments:

Leena said...

That all sounds pretty great!

If you already believe in Islam and God, then that is your shahadah, essentially.

You can be a Muslim woman leader, teacher, shaikha, minister-equivalent... Why not? :-)

And you can serve God without the banner of religion, too.

Good luck with your spiritual travels. I love your blog.

Ask Me Anything said...

I feel EXACTLy like you! A great example for both of us is Eckart Tolle. Not a Christian, nor a Muslim, but a wonderful teacher and listener of G-d.

Anonymous said...

Some of us would say that the One God is the same, regardless of how a particular religion chooses to see him/her/it. If you are called to serve God in ministry, you'll find a way :)

Barimalch said...

My common sense based observation is Christians mostly live OK, for Buddhism seemingly most buddhist countries live in poverty, for Muslim many cultures treat women very unfairly.

I myself not so practicing buddhism believer and my recent discovery in religion is that not few Christian high priests do or did horrible crime of child raping which among buddhist monks it was wide spread crime (maybe still now at some degree).

So as of example of Christianity and Buddhism does religion really purify common people?!

Maybe there really is powerful natural force or cosmic energy which kind of wrongly translated by religion or science.