Friday 26 September 2008

They get 7 billion dollars and kids go to school hungry

I was trying to wrap my head around this Bail Out proposal thing. As far as I can tell, these are the same people who scream and yell about how the free market is the only way and regulation is tantamount to communism and will kill all our country stands for. BUT, when they screw up big time and everything falls apart, they want the taxpayers of this country to pony up a giant life preserver to the tune of seven BILLION dollars. Now. Today. Just hand over the check.

I was trying to imagine this from the viewpoint of one of our country's hungry families. One of the MILLIONS of hungry children.

"Mommy, I'm hungry."

"I'm so sorry honey, there's no food, and my minimum wage paycheck will just cover the rent. Maybe you'll be able to get one of the other kids at school to share their snack with you."

Mommy, how much breakfast would seven billion dollars buy? Would that be enough for milk and cereal? My tummy hurts."


There is no more to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my site. I will, in time have more pictures up, some of which are from Morro Bay. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Anonymous said...

The whole plan stinks. These institutions should be allowed to fail...let the market take care of itself.

Mindy said...

I'm with you on this one all the way.