5) Having a Diet Coke with your Whopper "balances it out"
There is no such thing as "balancing" calories...an 1800 calorie, high fat, high sodium meal is still just as bad for you with a zero calorie soda. And some research is finding that artificial sweeteners encourge fat retention and boost hunger!
4) Lots of homework means kids are learning more and the teacher is better
The fact is, there is no correlation between academic quality and homework. Teachers who give lots of homework may in fact be passing the bulk of the work off onto parents. Some countries have banned homework entirely, and have seen test scores rise.
3) Parents can do one thing and tell their kids to do another, and the kids will listen.
Kids learn behavior from three things: what parents do, what peers do, and what other significant adults in their life do. What is said carries almost no weight when it conflicts with observable behavior. So parents, save your words, and watch your deeds!
2) Real love does not require work
Ask all of the married people who complain about dates that vanished after the wedding, sweet words and romantic cards that disappeared once the "I do" was said. Even more than money, lack of attention to the relationship and one's spouse is the number one complaint of married women and men.
1) Pressing the elevator button more times (or harder) makes the elevator come faster
You've done it. Does it work? Enough said!