Monday 31 May 2010

Pink, Pink, Pink!

My Pink Saturday post didn't post!  Resending/reposting it today!  

The post below was supposed to go up on Saturday.  I set it to automatically go up, because Saturday is the Sabbath (Shabbat) for me.  No blog writing, no computers. But the autopost didn't work...so here it is, late.   Hopefully next week will be on time!

Today is the first day I'm participating in Pink Saturday. It's a weekly celebration from How Sweet The Sound, a wonderful art blog. 

Given the name of the blog, how perfect is it that the picture comes from one of the sweetest places on the planet, Walt Disney world. 

Just outside of the parks, there's an area called Downtown Disney.  And one of the shops there is all Legos!  I love Legos!  But when I was growing up, Legos came in only a few colors...red, blue, white, black and yellow.  Green, too, I think. Other colors existed, but only in the kits, and then for only a few special pieces. But it wasn't until my daughters were born that I saw Legos in pink and purple...what are considered "girls colors."

I wasn't sure at first whether to be excited that "our" colors were finally included, or insulted that someone might have thought that Legos had to be pink and purple for girls to like them.  I settled on being happy, because studies have shown that kids who play with Legos are more successful in math, language and science. And if it takes pink and purple Legos, so be it. Besides, it gave us more colors to play with!

So when I walked into the store with my kids, imagine my joy in finding not just boxes of Legos, but giant clear bins filled with Legos, including the lovely pink ones!  So here is my tribute to Pink Saturday and the fun of Legos. Happy Weekend, everyone!








1 comment:

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Lindsay. I am so glad you are participating.

I love Legos. My son loved them, and now his son loved them. But, I didn't know there were pink Legos. Way cool!