Wednesday 30 May 2007

Love them anyway...

Wonderful advice for life



There are so many times when I've been told that I'm wasting my time. That I shouldn't help this person, or believe that one. That I shouldn't love someone (or least, I shouldn't tell them) until I know that they love me and they won't hurt me and that they will stay.

But life just doesn't work that way. Sometimes our best efforts and most heartfelt expressions go awry and we lose. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. And sometimes, when you think you've done everything right, the pain of loss is nearly unbearable.

And yet...

I refuse to live my life trying to protect myself from pain. No, I do not want to hurt. Yes, I want to be loved and cherished. But I cannot spend what little time we have on this earth trying to hide from disappointment and pain.

So despite the risks, and the cost to me, I have to say I will help when someone needs help I can give...even if they might never appreciate what I do. And I will try to reach for dreams even if there isn't a chance in the world I will succeed...because there is always a chance in heaven I will.

But most of all, I will tell the people I love that I love them. I will never be stingy with love, of all things. And yes, like the song says,

"You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons...
In a moment, they can turn and walk away...
Love them anyway."

No comments: