Tuesday 26 February 2008

Live Music

As I write this, I am sitting in a local coffee house on open mike night...or rather morning, as it's now past midnight.

I came here to use the WiFi for a few minutes, to have a cup of tea. That was two hours ago. The music and poetry have kept me in my seat, fascinated with the words and music before me. Such a gift I am giving myself tonight, sitting here, listening.

Why do I forget how much my soul craves live music and poetry, letting weeks, sometimes even months go by without a night like this?

Some of the performers.... JWordsmith, Crystal, Jester. Most of them on MySpace. All of them here, sharing their music and poetry.

Such a gift I am giving myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great evening!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Amen to that! The more gifts we truly give ourselves, the more we have to gift others!

Music is soul food, poetry too (aren't they the same thing really?).