Saturday 17 March 2012

The Weirdness that is SXSW...and Austin


My first SXSW.  I have heard about it...I have seen videos and pictures.  But this was the real thing, in all its high energy craziness! 

There were parties....


And concerts....


Cat and I got to learn how to weld...really!  It was something I ALWAYS wanted to try and now I have done it!


And Cat got to paint part of the mural on the side of a building,


There were protests and activists....


And posters on every flat surface....


There were even, er, um aliens...I think....


And then there's the swag....By the end of the event, I had 9 new t-shirts, 36 pins, 12 CD's, 22 reusable bags, a multi-tool, 2 hats, 2 water bottle holders, 3 whistles, a couple of pairs of earrings, a hoodie with headphones built in, more pens and magazines and posters than I can count....and what fun it was to get all of them!

Yup, SXSW was amazing, even though I missed a few days with the flu ... (note to self....if it's 40 degrees and raining and the parties are 10 blocks apart, TAKE AN UMBRELLA!)

And next year, it will be even better.  I can hardly wait!

No comments: