I'm getting better! Only two days late now!!!!
This week, Mother Laura has posted a birthday-inspired Friday Five, in honor of her upcoming 43rd birthday. So Happy Birthday, Laura, and here are my answers!
1. When is your birthday? Does anyone else (famous and/or in your own life) share it?
April 29th...I share this date with Jerry Seinfeld, 70's poet Rod McKuen (I did not choose an April birth...), and the late Emporer Hirohito! Quite an odd combo!
2. Do you prefer a big party or an intimate celebration for the chosen few?
Both! I love my little birthday parties with my kids, but would also love a big bash now and again!
3. Describe your most memorable birthday(s)--good, bad, or both.
I was in high school, in the class play. And we were busy with rehersal on my birthday. But the rest of the cast got together with my mom, and they did an on stage surprise birthday party! The best of both worlds..theatre and my 16th bithday!
4. What is your favorite cake and ice cream? (Bonus points if you share the cake recipe). Or would you rather have a different treat altogether?
Ummmm...I hate ice cream. Really. And frosting. Not too fond of cake, either! Can we go for maybe a spicy Mexican or Indian dinner instead? Some dark chocolate for dessert? Now THAT is a birthday!
5. Surprise parties: love 'em or hate 'em?
Love giving them, love getting them!
Bonus: Describe your ideal birthday--the sky's the limit.
Paris. Sunrise. Someone special beside me. A sidewalk cafe. A cool but sunny morning. A long walk. A party in the evening with my friends and family who all just happen to be in Paris for my birthday! (You said the sky!)
Now how about those of you who are not on the RevGal list sending me your answers? I would love to hear your birthday memories and dreams!