Thursday 31 January 2008

Creating a journey book

42 pages so far.

Each one decorated with beautiful paper, each with a title and a space for a photo or two.

This is my Journey Book.

I called it that because I found a beautiful metallic plaque in the Times to Remember scrapbook store in Hershey PA. It simply reads "Journey." That's on the cover.

It's not a record of the things I've done so far in my life. It's a map of where I hope to go on the journey that remains.

Some of the pages represent big dreams...Open a bookstore.

Some are places I want to go ....Visit Egypt.

Some are things at home...Create my perfect bedroom

Some are outside...Find out what happened to Great Aunt Blanche

Some are worldly...Buy a small house

Some are spiritual...Become a chaplain

And a few are deep in my heart ...Find true and lasting love

But all of them, big and small, relatively easy to obtain, and much more complex, have become a part of my roadmap for the time ahead.

As I go through time, more pages will be added.

I may not achieve them all. Or I may someday have a photo on each and every page.

Whatever the outcome, holding a book of dreams in my hands is a wonderful feeling.

1 comment:

Jan said...

This is such a wonderful idea! It displays your creativity and your imagination, which I guess equal your dreams. I so admire this project.