So this morning as I struggle through work with my stuffy nose and headache and sore throat and general desire to crawl into bed ASAP, I decided it was a good time to count my blessings. For me, that one of the best ways to overcome sadness or loneliness -- or a touch of the flu.
So here goes.....my top 10 blessings, in no special order (since they're all special blessings!)
- My kids -- three wonderful, smart, kind and creative kids.
- My husband -- a true knight in shining armor, in far more than name alone
- My health -- so I have the flu. That will be gone in a day or three -- overall, I am blessed
- Our home -- Sure sometimes I complain, or we wish things were bigger/smaller/cleaner/newer/fancier. But it is a home filled with love and laughter and music and art and faith.
- My faith -- I cannot imagine how those without faith in G-d survive. Really.
- The ability to read -- and to learn and understand and increase in knowledge and wisdom. or just to enjoy a good mystery. All a blessing.
- My job -- sometimes stressful, sometimes incredible. But overall, where I am meant to be.
- My friends -- whether they're around the corner or on the other side of the earth, they are blessings through and through. Even those I may never meet face to face -- blessings.
- My life experiences -- sure at the time, some of it was so scary it was all I could do to face the day, but through it all, I have grown and learned and become who I am today.
- Time alone -- downtime and alone time are my chance to recharge and re-energize -- a blessing I cannot survive without.
So now it's your turn...what are your top 10 blessings? Now please excuse me...I need a tissue and some hot tea and....