Wednesday 22 September 2010

Working hard on a Wednesday

Lots to get done today at work, and it's doubly challenging because I didn't sleep well last night.  Never a good thing when you leave for work counting the hours until you can sleep tonight!

A quiet farm road near Lancaster, PA....
But I didn't want to neglect my blog and my readers today, so here are some thoughts on work and sleep, along with some images of where I would rather be right now....

“If A equals success, then the formula is A equals X plus Y and Z, with X being work, Y play, and Z keeping your mouth shut.” ~  Albert Einstein 

and from that same great mind, as I prepare for a meeting where I have to explain a fairly complex process....

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”  Thank you Al...I'll keep that in mind...

Cinderella's castle in Walt Disney World...
And on sleep, from one of philosophy's most "cheerful" spokespersons ...

Sleeping is no mean art:  for its sake one must stay awake all day.  ~  Friedrich Nietzsche

And my personal favourite, which my husband is just learning to understand....

Life is too short to sleep on low thread-count sheets.  ~Leah Stussy


So now, it's off to work, perchance to dream a bit, to imagine where, when my head hits the pillow tonight, my dreams will take me....



1 comment:

Unknown said...

G'day ~ What wonderful wisdom, provoking thoughts & lessons to learn.

I love the mosaic ... absolutely peaceful & awesome.

Have a great week ~
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon